The Courseware Heapsort-SALA 3.4
This courseware teaches the sorting algorithm heapsort. Sorting algorithms are part of "algorithm and data structures" in computer science education.
Author (text, applet design): Nils Faltin
Applet programming: Tobias Gross
|Audience ||Computer science students in their first year. Most parts also suited for pupils.
The courseware can be run in a regular web browser.
- Online: over the Internet
- Offline: by first downloading and installing it
|Suitable for private study ||
- Tutorial part with text, figures and interactive exercises (Java applets)
- Exercises with solutions for applying and testing the knowledge
Special learning concept
- Modularity: The algorithm was splitted into several small functions that can be understood independently. They are described with interface and implementation.
- Exploratory learning:Initially it is your task to find out the steps of the algorithm functions. To support you with this exploratory learning the courseware has interactive exercises (Java applets) with simulations.
To the german language version
Oldenburger collection of courseware for computer science (OLLI)
Copyright and License
Last change: August 2001, 24